BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VKWS
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am using PROC LCA function and I would like to create an item response plot. I followed user's guide "SAS Graphics Macros for Latent Class Analysis", but I am not sure what is wrong in order to create an item response plot. I downloaded the Macro function from https://scholarsphere.psu.edu/resources/c3072c06-52ba-464b-9237-351857846b44 (LcaGraphicsV2.zip )

This is my first time using Macro function and I think the problem probably coming there but I have no clue where is the problem. I would appreciate some direction. Below was the code I used.

%INCLUDE "C:\Program Files\SASHome\xxx\macro\LcaGraphicsV2.sas";

PROC LCA DATA=combined1 OUTPARAM=param3 OUTPOST=test3 OUTEST=est3 OUTSTDERR=std3 OUTSEEDs=;
	id idxx;
 	NCLASS 3;
	ITEMS surveyq2 surveyq3 surveyq4 surveyq5 surveyq6 surveyq7 surveyq8 ;
	CATEGORIES  4 4 4 4 4 4 4;
	SEED 100000;
	NSTARTS 20;
RUN;

%ItemResponsePlot(ParamDataset=param3);

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

If I look at this paper :

Paper 5500-2016
Latent Class Analysis Using PROC LCA
Patricia A. Berglund, University of Michigan

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/5500-2016.pdf

, your calling of the macro seems correct (on the condition that it was defined and compiled of course).

Use the options 

options mprint symbolgen mlogic source2;

and run again.
Then you get additional log on what may be wrong.

Please note PROC LCA itself is a user-defined procedure not officially supported by SAS.

Cheers,

Koen

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation