BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
matteoarmano
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I've just started using VA and I'd like to make apply the logistic regression I've built on a training sample to a testing one on which I want to make predictions. Let me be clearer:

Data

The data relates to a fictional e-commerce site. My interest is to figure out the probability that a customer may complete a purchase based on a series of observed variables. 

Training sample

Dependent variable: takes the values of 0/1 and indicates whether a customer makes (or not) a purchase

Independent variables: they are a series of binary variables indicating certain actions that a customer may perform (e.g., "add to cart"; "check shipping details"; ...)

Sample on which I need to make predictions

The testing sample contains the same information of the training one but the dependent variable which I need to predict.

As of now, I've already run the regression, using partition to train-test the regression using the training sample. The next step would be to apply the results obtained from the regression on the sample on which I need to make predictions to obtain purchase predictions. 

Hope everything is clear. Pardon me in advance for my "noviceness" 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation