BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I am working on creating report in SAS VA, I am having a list table with some rows and I am linking all the rows with info window for each row.

Now the issue is when I am clicking on any of the row it is showing me all the list of info windows to select. can we do something for this and have a felicity wherein if I click on any of the rows it should directly open the related info window without asking me to choose from the list. is it possible to have parameterised  filter in SAS VA.

It would be really great if someone can help me to clarify things.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

4 REPLIES 4
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Swapna,

If you are using SAS Visual Analytics 7.1, I think your requirement can be achieved by using parameters. There is a great blog post outlining how to use parameters with a video at http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/01/29/using-parameters-in-sas-visual-analytics/

It may be possible that if you create your parameter on the data item that you have in your table and in your info window to have a filter that uses that parameter so that the section info window link uses it.

Let us know how you go.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SwapnaKumari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for response, I think the link is really helpful... Smiley Happy

I will test it with my scenario and share the results with you.

Regards,

Swapna

jplarios
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Michelle,

Could we add picture to an info window? for example, as the use case mentioned by Swapna- let's say the table lists names; could we then use a filter as you mentioned , such that when the info window opens, we get to see the profile of the person with a picture and other textual information?

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi ,

In future, please post new questions as a new question so it doesn't get mixed with the original question.

Yes you can add an image object in an Info Window section. an Info Window section is simply a report section with no section prompts that has been converted to a pop-up information window as described in the SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide - info window

You can have a profile of the person and other textual information you require. A helpful SAS Visual Analytics webinar to look at that uses Info Windows can be found at Webinar: SAS Visual Analytics for Reporting & Visualisation

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation