BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yapne
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to write SAS Code to query the size of the table cache instead of manually clicking on the tables in the VA Administrator LASR Table tab? If yes kindly please share the code. We are on 7.1 version of SAS VA.

Thanks

Nelson

11 REPLIES 11
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi Nelson,

you might want to give a look into this, is great:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/68736/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p050lknh5xepngn1s2...

Enjoy!

yapne
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I tried the code example but it is complaining _T_LASRMEMORY and _T_TABLEMEMORY do not exist. Maybe the version of the LASR server in SAS VA 7.1 is pre LASR 2.5 version. Is there a way to find out the version of the LASR for VA 7.1?

THanks,

Nelson

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I cannot answer that question sorry. Maybe this is avalable only on the updated version of LASR and SAS VA.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Its works fine for me on VA 7.1

Thinks Juan for the tip.

Greetings

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

You are welcome Peter, glad to know you have it working. Thanks!

@yapne, maybe you will need to review your implementation, or check if you need to install hotfixes.

If none of those work for you, I would suggest to contact SAS Technical Support.

yapne
Calcite | Level 5

Peter - would you mind sharing your code with us?

Thanks.

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Shure, no problem.

Greetings

31-05-2016 18-11-33.png

yapne
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. I have tried your code and it didn't work either. I suspected it is because we are running on a distributed server mode? 

Regards,

Nelson

PeterWijers
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

He Nelson,

While reading the web item, its shows that the distributed script is a little different.

I will check out soon with a friend who has a distributed version, I will test it there.

Greetings and good luck

yapne
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Peter

Did you manage to check and test?

THanks

Nelson
RichardPaterson
Obsidian | Level 7

If I am not mistaken the code for both a distributed and a non-distributed server is the same. 

The only difference is in the results. For a distributed you get a record per distributed node. If you group these records as suggested in the documentation you will get the total memory usage. I am using this code now on my current project. As Juan stated this is a very interesting topic, especially when you start digging into data stored in HDFS and mapped to LASR. Some cool stuff here. 

Richard

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation