BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

We're in the middle of trialing SAS Visual Analytics (VA 7.51, with SAS 9.4, not Viya), and while I have a reasonable understanding of how SAS Metadata Server is used in our environment, LASR is a bit more of a mystery to me.

We have staff working on dozens of projects, and each project will tend to have its own set of datasets, users, etc.  What is the best way to structure the LASR server(s) for SAS VA, so that each user will have access to their data, not others' data, and will not run into conflicts?

The way I have it set up right now, I have separate Metadata folders that each dataset's metadata is stored in, which controls the LASR access for that dataset.  However, one of my test users noted that when she attempted to load a table to LASR, it had the same name as another table that she didn't have access to, and so wasn't able to load it with that name.

Is there a best way to avoid this kind of issue?  Do I need to ask my users to prepend a project name to the dataset name itself prior to loading to LASR, in addition to saving it in Metadata in their project's folder?  Do I need to have separate LASR servers for each project (this could be ultimately in the dozens, if not hundreds, after some time)?  Or is there some option in the libname statement that I'm missing?

For reference, I am using a variant of the macro in Andrew Gannon's macro to load data to the LASR server.

Thanks!

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation