BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

I don't see a VA Reports portlet or something like that in the SAS BI Portal.

Are there any best practices out there on how to integrate SAS VA reports in a SAS BI Portal?

A complicating factor in my case may be that VA lives on another metadata server than the SAS BI Portal.

thanks,

Bart H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the suggestion. jQuery did not work.

I've found an elegant solution for this issue:

1) Create an URL Display Portlet in SAS Information Delivery Portal
2) Add the URL to the VA-report. This URL has to be in the following form:

http://myVAserver.com:7980/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer.jsp?reportName=<insert report name here>&reportPath=<insert report path here>&type=Report.BI&section=vi1&appSwitcherDisabled=true&reportViewOnly=true&propertiesEnabled=false&commentsEnabled=false

Regards,
Berry

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
justin_sas
SAS Employee

Hey Bart,

You can embed the viewer into the portal or use links to the VA reports.

As you aren't sharing the metadata or mid tier, the users will most likely have to re-authenticate unless you have single sign on for both.

If you choose to share the metadata and mid tier the authentication issue disappears.

Cheers,

Justin

bheinsius
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi,

A customer asked me this question (again).

So I (re)tried but i can't get VA 7.3 reports to show in my 94M3 IDP URL display portlets.

HTML5 viewer keeps spinning it's progress indicator, the flash report viewer does nothing at all.

Has anyone got this working?

Bart

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, 

I never tried, also never required to do it. But I did it for other kind of webpages and software solutions. This is a very general question on web developing.

What method are you using to include the SAS VA report? Maybe if you describe it, it could help to understand better the problem.

In other hand, some additional remarks:

- To use the developer tools on Firefox, Chrome or even IE will help you to understand that is happening on the background.

- Probably you are using the iframes. if you use the current ways to embed webpages, I guess that would increase your chance of success. THose methods can be summarized in to:

A) jQuery

<html> 
  <head> 
    <script src="jquery.js"></script> 
    <script> 
    $(function(){
      $("#includedContent").load("b.html"); 
    });
    </script> 
  </head> 

<body> 
     <div id="includedContent"></div>
  </body> 
</html>

B) HTML5

<object name="foo" type="text/html" data="foo.inc"></object>

or:

<embed type="text/html" src="foo.inc">

bheerschop
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the suggestion. jQuery did not work.

I've found an elegant solution for this issue:

1) Create an URL Display Portlet in SAS Information Delivery Portal
2) Add the URL to the VA-report. This URL has to be in the following form:

http://myVAserver.com:7980/SASVisualAnalyticsViewer/VisualAnalyticsViewer.jsp?reportName=<insert report name here>&reportPath=<insert report path here>&type=Report.BI&section=vi1&appSwitcherDisabled=true&reportViewOnly=true&propertiesEnabled=false&commentsEnabled=false

Regards,
Berry

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your solution!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation