BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elkinsbe
Obsidian | Level 7

How does one aggregate an aggregated variable?.... seems like a simple question, but I have an aggregated variable that yields a flag value of 0 or 1... now I wish to sum this variable (I want to get the sum of the 1's).. but I keep getting an error telling me "one cannot aggregate an aggregated variable.".... Anyone out there have an idea how to avoid this??? Thank so much in advance for your assistance.... - Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The easiest way is to create the aggregated measure at first place and then create an aggregated table. 

This converts the aggregated measure to a numeric static variable on which you can operate with your sum calculation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have never seen such an error message. What SAS user interface are you using? Could you please provide the actual code you are using and the ENTIRE log from the step where the error appears?

OK, I see this is a question about SAS Visual Analytics, so I withdraw my question.

--
Paige Miller
data_null__
Jade | Level 19
Visual Analytics
elkinsbe
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes... this is VA... apologies, should have mentioned that....

acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The easiest way is to create the aggregated measure at first place and then create an aggregated table. 

This converts the aggregated measure to a numeric static variable on which you can operate with your sum calculation.

elkinsbe
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you! .... it's the Kobayashi Maru 😎

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation