BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

Total Home Runs - Interactive Tally Sheet

Started ‎03-09-2021 by
Modified ‎03-09-2021 by
Views 2,154

I love to make tally sheets.  Whether I'm trying to remember how many times it snowed over the past few winters or how many glasses of water I've drank each day of the week, there always seems to be a piece of paper in my pocket with a bunch of tally marks on it.  I recently began to wonder why I like making tally sheets so much.  It occurred to me that they are actually a great way to compare data by groups. 

I then began to ask myself if I could build an interactive tally sheet in SAS Visual Analytics?  Well, as it turns out, the answer is yes!  Using the SAS® Graph Builder, I was able to build the report below which contains an interactive tally sheet comparing baseball player's total home runs:

tallySheetDemo.gif

Pretty Neat!  For this report's data source, I used the "baseball" dataset available in the "SASHELP" library.  

Get the details of how to re-create this chart in this SAS Communities Library article.

Version history
Last update:
‎03-09-2021 04:35 PM
Updated by:
Contributors

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Article Labels
Article Tags