BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
joachimg
Obsidian | Level 7

Okay first of all.....if you saw my last post, no you didn't. ANYWAYS.....

I'm trying to run a logistic regression with proc surveylogistic and I'm having trouble setting my reference levels for the different variables. Here is my code:

proc surveylogistic data=masks1;
weight wt_multi;
class d_age_cat2 (ref=”0”) d_gender (ref=”MALE”) d_race (ref=”NH White”) d_politics (ref=”DEM“) d_religion2 (ref=”NOTHING”) vaxxed (ref=”0”);
model b2_m_always (descending) = d_age_cat2 d_gender d_race d_politics d_religion2 vaxxed;
run;
And here is the error message I get:

104        proc surveylogistic data=masks1;
 105        weight wt_multi;
 106        class d_age_cat2 (ref=”0”) d_gender (ref=”MALE”) d_race (ref=”NH White”) d_politics (ref=”DEM“)
                                  _______                __________              _____                           _________
 _____________                                                                                                                       
                                  22                     22                      22                              22
                                  202                    202                     202                             202
 106      ! d_religion2 (ref=”NOTHING”) vaxxed (ref=”0”);
 106        class d_age_cat2 (ref=”0”) d_gender (ref=”MALE”) d_race (ref=”NH White”) d_politics (ref=”DEM“)
                                                        _______
 ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: a quoted string, FIRST, LAST.  

ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.

_______
 ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.

Please help! Proc surveylogistic has been killing me lately. Thanks in advance. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Did you copy and paste that from
somewhere? The quotation marks appear a bit messed up - try retyping the code and make sure to use the formatted reference values. Also, put the weight statement after the CLASS statement.

I suspect the only issue is the quotation marks being messed up though.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Did you copy and paste that from
somewhere? The quotation marks appear a bit messed up - try retyping the code and make sure to use the formatted reference values. Also, put the weight statement after the CLASS statement.

I suspect the only issue is the quotation marks being messed up though.
joachimg
Obsidian | Level 7
You know, I knew it was gonna be something dumb like that. Thanks!

Can I ask why move the weight statement? Seems to be working fine, and that's how my PI had me do it. Just curious.
Reeza
Super User
I’m in the habit of putting them in the order as it shows in the docs. There’s a few good reasons for this - makes it easier to read your code and if you use patterns for coding updates and fixes are easier. Following the doc order is something most SAS programmers do so its a good way to have consistent clean code. For some procs/statements the order does matter as well, and I can never remember which ones so defaulting to keeping them in order works in general.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation