BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Please, I need to know these functions under sas standrad studio ( Free version)

=> save a sas files

=> allocation a librairies

=> import and export a files

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Can you please be more specific?
Also, have you seen the SAS University Edition Help Center: http://support.sas.com/software/products/university-edition/faq/main.htm

LineMoon
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you for your answer.

==> I want to  save a sas files (.sas)

==> I want to allocate a sas  library , like this libname lb  " E:/test/project1";

==> I want import .xls file into sas and export

I use sas free version : sas studio via virtualbox and the link : http://localhost:10080

Reeza
Super User
Save your files by either copy and pasting to a text file, I recommend this one because the browser refreshes unexpectedly. Or File>Save

The key for #2/3 is to set up the shared drive, moved the files to the myfolders folder and to reference it as '/folders/myfolders/'

To allocate a library you first need to set up a shared drive to that location. Generally you need to set up a folder called myfolders under C:\SAS-University-Edition\myfolders as specified in the instructions. You can set up your folders under here and then reference them as:

libname mylib '/folders/myfolders/project1';

To import files place them in the myfolders folder and then you can use proc import or a data step as in Base SAS, again using the '/folders/myfolders/excel_file.xlsx' path to the file.

Detailed instructions for everything above is in the first link I referenced.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation