BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wowYang
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to do the practice for the exam. However, I am failed at the start point. The log shows that I create the libref successfully , but I have nothing in my cert library folder. Can anyone help me with that? Than you so much.

libname cert "/home/u46613960/cert/input";
libname results "/home/u46613960/cert/output";

data results.output04;
set cert.input04;
run;

yijieyang441220_0-1639154880338.png

11 REPLIES 11
ballardw
Super User

Most likely cause is not following set up instructions to the letter and the data sets weren't created properly.

You want to be careful about creating multiple library references to the same the location. You may think that RESULT and RESULTS are different libraries and accidentally overwrite or delete a data set unintentionally.

wowYang
Calcite | Level 5

Could you explain more, since I don't think I overwrite them. Its so confused. Thank you so much

wowYang
Calcite | Level 5
I delete the result lib, but I still can not read in the data.
1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
69 libname cert "~/cert/input";
NOTE: Libref CERT was successfully assigned as follows:
Engine: V9
Physical Name: /home/u46613960/cert/input
70 libname results "~/cert/output";
NOTE: Libref RESULTS was successfully assigned as follows:
Physical Name: /home/u46613960/cert/output
72 data results.output04;
73 set cert.input04;
ERROR: File CERT.INPUT04.DATA does not exist.
74 run;
Reeza
Super User
Can you confirm the setup code ran correctly and there were no errors in the log?
wowYang
Calcite | Level 5

excepting that I can not read in the data

wowYang_0-1639155569184.png

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please post your logs by copy/pasting the log text into a window opened with this button:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-07 um 08.32.59.jpg

Your code expects that a file

/home/u46613960/input/input04.sas7bdat

exists, with exactly that spelling (all lowercase!). Check with the Files navigation of SAS Studio if that is the case.

If not, you did not perform the setup as required.

Reeza
Super User

Part of the set up for the exam requires you to run a program to create the data sets

Can you confirm that you downloaded and ran that program successfully?

Show the log. If that step didn't run correctly then any next steps will not work since your system is not set up correctly. 

@wowYang wrote:

excepting that I can not read in the data

wowYang_0-1639155569184.png

wowYang
Calcite | Level 5
1 OPTIONS NONOTES NOSTIMER NOSOURCE NOSYNTAXCHECK;
69 libname cert "~/cert/input";
NOTE: Libref CERT was successfully assigned as follows:
Physical Name: /home/u46613960/cert/input
70 libname results "~/cert/output";
NOTE: Libref RESULTS was successfully assigned as follows:
Physical Name: /home/u46613960/cert/output
72 data results.output04;
73 set cert.input04;
ERROR: File CERT.INPUT04.DATA does not exist.
74 run;
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

In case you are using SAS Studio, you can easily check if the file exists in the left panel.
If the file exists, then select the file, right click and then select properties.
You will see the path to the location of the file.. Make sure that this matches to your input library definition.

masonswindler
Calcite | Level 5

The issue is the file does not exist.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

You've added onto a 2 year old post, but it's not entirely clear what you're using to practice. There are several ways to use a "cert" folder -- one way is with the certification prep guide and the other way is with the practice exam. If you are using the Prep Guide, then there is a setup program you have to run. If you are using the Practice Exam, then you should be able to access a Virtual Lab for the Practice Exam that has the data already made in the S:\workshop\cert folder, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1684628878804.png

For the practice exam, the data is already made for you in the Virtual Lab and in the correct folders.

Instead of adding to a 2 year old thread, it is probably better to post a new question and refer back  to this question if it is relevant.

If you are using the Practice Exam and your Virtual Lab does not have the folders I show in my screen shot, then please send mail to elearn@sas.com and we will be able to investigate. We need your email address and the exact way that you need to use the cert folder (with the Practice Exam or with the Prep Guide).

Cynthia

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation