BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mw2939
Calcite | Level 5
I'm getting the following response when I use SAS University and I'm trying to run a simpe proc import. Any idea on what this means?" Below is my code:

"User sasdemo has insufficient permissions to create /‌folders/‌myfolders/‌.images. Contact your system administrator to resolve."

proc import

datafile = '\myfolders\Final clean dataset for Meley 2.23.15 withanthro.sav'

out= burum

dbms= sav

replace;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

Unix file is case sensitive. Make sure the case and name matches exactly.

Assuming your shared folders are set up properly, navigate to the Server Files and Folders on the left hand menu. 

You should see your file. If you right click on it and choose properties, it will have the path to the file. Use that in your proc import.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

Your path is specified incorrectly for a unix system, which SAS University Edition is running.

The slashes should be the other way, and you need a folders in front of it as well. 

The periods in the file name may also be causing issues, you may need to remove them. 

proc import
datafile = '/folders/myfolders/Final clean dataset for Meley 2.23.15 withanthro.sav'
out= burum
dbms= sav
replace;
run;

Try replacing period with - instead.

proc import
datafile = '/folders/myfolders/Final clean dataset for Meley 2-23-15 withanthro.sav'
out= burum
dbms= sav
replace;
run;
mw2939
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Reeza,

Thank you for your help. I tried your sugestion and renamed the file so that the periods were removed and now I have a different error message which reads: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /folders/myfolders/Final clean dataset for Meley22315withanthro.sav. Why can it not locate this file?

proc import
datafile = '/folders/myfolders/Final clean dataset for Meley22315withanthro.sav'
out= burum
dbms= sav
replace;
run;

Reeza
Super User

Unix file is case sensitive. Make sure the case and name matches exactly.

Assuming your shared folders are set up properly, navigate to the Server Files and Folders on the left hand menu. 

You should see your file. If you right click on it and choose properties, it will have the path to the file. Use that in your proc import.

mw2939
Calcite | Level 5
Ah wonderful--I had the wrong path. Thank you so much!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation