BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmueller
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to setup SAS Studio so that i can do the introductory statistics course.  I downloaded ECST142 to my computer.  The instructions then tell me to expand "files and folders" and navigate to the file (ECST142).  There is no obvious navigation option buy if I right click on "files" or "folder shortcuts" I can see various options for identifying a file.  However, when i copy and paste the path to the file on my computer, SAS does not accept it.  There is no way that i can see to browse for the file on my computer.  The SAS browse command seems to be limited to files already embedded in SAS.  Other advice on this topic in the community seems to be limited to properly specifying the navigation path to the file.  My problem seems even more fundamental than this.  

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
First, how are you using SAS? Are you 1) using SAS Studio with SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine (meaning you start Virtual Box or VMWare Player in order to "play" the Virtual Machine); or 2) using SAS Studio with SAS OnDemand for Academics (where you click on SAS Studio from the Control Center Dashboard); or 3) using SAS Studio with a local or server install of SAS (if local, you would see your C: drive folders); or 4) using SAS Studio with SAS Viya and a CAS server???

We only have instructions for methods 1,2 and 3 in the Statistics 1 course. Can you go into SAS Studio and go over to the question mark on the right side of the screen and check your version of SAS Studio? What are you using? That will help determine what set of instructions you should follow.

Here's what the help/about screen looks like and where you find the SAS Studio version information:

what_release.png

This shows my SAS Studio version is a single user copy of SAS Studio. In this instance, I would follow THESE instructions in the Statistics 1 course:

sas_windows_stat1.png

Based on my version of SAS Studio (Single User), I would follow the SAS Windowing Environment instructions.

Cynthia

vallenava
Calcite | Level 5

SAS University Edition, SAS Studio

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

HI:
I'm not sure what your question was. However, if you are working in the Statistics 1 class, and using SAS University Edition for practice, then you should see a Course Overview and Data Setup section in the Statistics 1 course:

Cynthia_sas_0-1610413712649.png

SAS University Edition instructions are provided for you to follow.

For SAS University Edition, you should follow THESE instructions for the University Edition setup of data for the course:

Cynthia_sas_1-1610413789527.png

Note that the zip file has everything you need to finish the setup process. After you store the unzipped files in your shared folder location, you still need to finish ALL the instructions and run a program that makes the data for class.

I hope this helps you set the data up for the Statistics 1 class. Please note that we recommend Programming 1 as the prerequisite level of knowledge before you take the Statistics 1 class. So if you haven't started Statistics 1 yet, and you're new to SAS you might want to take a look at Programming 1 first.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation