BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

We have to start to work in SAS Studio. I have programmed almost 15 years in SAS 9.4 and i wonder if there is an alternative for the following issue i have.

I use the following macro :

%macro copydb(in=, out=);

options noxwait;

data _null_;

rc2 = system("del /q &out..accdb");

rc= system("copy &in..accdb &out..accdb");

put rc=;

run;

%mend copydb;

It gives me the oppartunity to create a base database for my users where they can add standard data tables and queries, in my program i create a copy and add results to the new database. So the users can use their queries and dont have to do anything.

Is it still possible in SAS Studio to use this. If Not , is there an alternative ?

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

SAS Studio is web based from what I know, so I think you would either need to ftp the file, or do some sort of other copying.  Its not as straight forward as local install.

I would ask what you want to use an Access database for however?  You have SAS with its datasets and such like which is perfect for the storage of data, and if you need a database go with a proper database.  Access is just going to cause you headaches at everypoint - remember that it is MS tech, son not available under other operating systems, its proprietary binary so bitness is an issue, its not open so you need the right software, it isn't enterprise software so concurrent access will be an issue etc.  There really must be a better solution than that.

BartDekeyser
Calcite | Level 5

i found a solution.

Apparently it still works. I still have to adjust to the way of working with relative paths and absolute paths.

but it works.

I cant change the view of my users and their focus on access. So the headaches arent for me, i dont have to work in access, i just have to load data into access.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation