BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
murali2
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I have installed SASuniveristyEdition on my laptop and using the Oracle VM box virtual manager on Windows 10. I am getting the error message. The screenshot is atatched. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

SAS UE isn't officially supported on Windows 10.

However, some people have managed to get it working.

The instructions are here, from @RedPlanet

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Analytics-U/Unable-to-connect-with-SAS-University-Edition/m-p/244...

I solved my own problem, and SAS UE does work with Windows 10. Here is what you do, besides making sure you allow virtual machines in BIOS and such.

I uninstalled the virtual machine. Then I updated my default Chrome browser to 64-bit -- the Oracle Java website shows how to tell which version you have of Chrome. Then you install the latest Java, which is 32-bit. Next you go to install the Java by download only for 64-bit (see the Oracle site for instructions). Then you reinstall the VM from Oracle. Setup the VM with 2 processors and 50% of your RAM, which you should do when you configure the VM machine. Then you start the VM machine, sign on from Chrome, and then you see the SAS GUI, where I ran a very simple test which worked!

So SAS UE works with 64-bit W10 using 64-bit Chrome. I have seen this issue before when we upgraded laptops at work -- everything had to be 64-bit before any 64-bit software would work. BTW 64-bit Java addresses much more memory, and that's always a good thing. What's better is SAS UE on my personal laptop.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation