BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mtejada
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I wonder if there is a macro variable that holds the name of a currently executing node in SAS Studio.

Thanks,

Mario

5 REPLIES 5
mtejada
Fluorite | Level 6

Kurt,

Thanks for the quick response. I have tried adding 

%put _all_;

inside the program node but unfortunately the resulting macro variable list does not seem to include the actual name of the node (which is part of a process flow). I am not sure if there are papers about this. What I'm really after is for my program to determine the node name that it is executing in. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Mario

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I had hoped that Studio does something similar to what Enterprise Guide does. EG creates a macro variable _CLIENTTASKLABEL that identfies the currently executing node in the project.

This might be a good Software Ballot Idea.

mtejada
Fluorite | Level 6
A macro variable like _CLIENTTASKLABEL would be nice to have in SAS Studio.
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Thanks for the feedback.  We are planning to generate very similar wrapper code (including the macro variables) in SAS Studio and EG in future releases.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation