BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tommaso
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I've just switched from SAS Studio 4 to SAS Studio V.

I am experiencing many problems that can be roughly described as random huge LAG while editing or selecting tables.

Has anybody else faced the same problem? 

Is expected  a bug fixing?

thanks

Tommaso

3 REPLIES 3
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi Tommaso,

We have identified some performance issues related to working with tables in SAS Studio 5.1 (StudioV), which have been improved in our next SAS Studio release (5.2).  Also, SAS Studio 5.1 (StudioV) uses SAS Viya microservices to do its work, while SAS Studio 4.4 uses a more direct connection, which contributes at least some of the difference in performance.  We are continuing to optimize performance, but in the meantime, there may be scenarios where it is more performant to use SAS Studio 4.4 instead.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Edoedoedo
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Casey,

do you know when is v5.2 expected to be released?
The code editor window is also very slow, when there are a couple of hundreds lines of code the window becomes unresponsive, like you type a letter and such a letter appears in the editor 3-4 seconds later. In my opinion the overall user experience is far from satisfying!
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @Edoedoedo,

The current plan is for SAS Studio 5.2 to be available near the end of this year, but the date is not set in stone.

I am not able to reproduce the unresponsiveness working with a large program in SAS Studio 5.1.  I opened three large SAS programs (32107,  7123, and 6566 lines) and had no delay when editing each.

Sorry you are experiencing poor performance.  It would be good to report this to SAS Tech Support to see if they can help diagnose, and so they have a record in case others are experiencing.  In the meantime, SAS Studio 4.4 is available with SAS Studio 5.1 deployments.

Thank you for the feedback.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation