BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fluorite | Level 6

Can confirm that UE works ok now but still no luck with local install with sas studio 3.71 even though the hotfixes have been installed.

R

AmyP_sas
SAS Employee

See if downloading 3.71 single user from the support site works for you - https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1924 .  This already has the hot fix applied and it worked for me.

Fluorite | Level 6

reinstalling sas studio 3.71 worked!

Thanks

Richard

aguncan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Can you send me the installation file of sas studio 3.71, if you did not delete it.

Thanks

Vaya_Con_Dios
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks to all SAS people for fixing this Google issue.

This evening however Google - automatically - installed the latest version, 67.0.3396.87 (replacing 67.0.3396.79) and now Google Chrome even won't start anymore... Time to switch to another browser. Bye Google.

Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7

The SAS Hotfix for SAS Studio 3.6 Enterprise addresses the stuck initializing issue. Since the Hotfix, a Connection Error  with SAS Studio login has appeared as shown in the attached screen shot.

Cleared cache did not resolve the issue.

Discovered that when user attempts to login with some uppercase letters in username the connection error occurs. When username is all lowercase, no connection error resulting with a successful login.

The SAS environment is Linux with user (/home/username) directory all lowercase.

Just wondering if Hotfix is related to the uppercase versus lowercase in username with Linux.

SAS Studio Connection Error.png

regivm
Calcite | Level 5

I was using microsoft edge and it started working after clearing cache, history etc. It gives an option to start in Jupyter and it is not working ... just opens the jupyter, wonder why?

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Could you please clarify what you mean by "just opens the jupyter"?  

Are you having issues accessing to the main Jupyter Notebook Dashboard:

jupyterDashboard.png

Or are you having issues when you try to create a new SAS notebook (by clicking New in the upper-right corner and then selecting SAS to start a new Jupyter Notebook using the SAS kernel): 

jupyterNewNotebook.png

regivm
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry.. I commented without checking. I didn't install the SAS Kernel and hence the problem.

aguncan
Calcite | Level 5

I am new user of Studio 3.71. I can not start it in firefox 73.0 (windows 7). It has same error like stucking in Initializing after click "Start".

I intend to uninstall and re install Studio 3.71, however I can not find the installer of Studio 3.71 Single in https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1924 which was the version turns to 3.8. However, I want to reinstall 3.71 version which was compatible with SAS 9.4 M5. I am looking for the archived installer of Studio 3.71 Single. I will be happy If you help me.

Jlochoa
Obsidian | Level 7
Have you tried

1. clearing your browser cache.
2. Renaming the .sasstudio file
aguncan
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for prompt reply. I have already do the potential solutions except uninstalling and re-installing. However, I can not find the 3.71 single studio installation file. I have checked it was available in November or December 2018.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats