BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is there a way to keep the RESULTS tab from being cleared out and written over when using SAS Studio?  Say if you write new code and run it.  It gives you the LOG and the RESULTS.  Now you want to use the same code and just change the dataset that is being read in.  When you run this code it clears out the results from the prior run and shows you the new results.  What if I want to KEEP the results from the prior run?  Is there some setting that SAS Studio has where as not to clear out the LOG and the RESULTS? 

In regular PC SAS, I have to actually clear the LOG and the RESULTS each time manually.  Otherwise it keeps the old log and old results.

Thanks,

Nancy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi Nancy,

I'm glad to help!  

When you click on the "Submission history' icon, you are right that a new editor tab opens up that contains the code from that submission.  However, it should still have the Log and Results tabs with the corresponding information for that submission:

submissionHistoryCode.png

If I click on the Results tab, then I would see:

submissionHistoryResults.png

The above screen shots were done using SAS Studio 3.6, so it should work.  If you still have issues, please post back.

-Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi Nancy,

Which version of SAS Studio are you using? 

Depending on which version you are using, in the code editor window there is a "submission history" icon next to the running person icon which enables you to view the Code, Log, and Results tabs from recent submissions:  submissionHistory.png

An option to append the log instead of clearing it is actually a new feature that will be available in the next release of SAS Studio (SAS Studio 3.8) that is scheduled before the end of the year.  However, to my knowledge, this option applies only to the Log and not the Results.

Hopefully this is helpful!

-Brian

SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.  We are using SAS Studio release 3.6 (Basic Edition).

I see what you are saying about seeing the earlier versions of the program code.  I can see the little 'Submission history' icon next to the running person.  But that only shows me the 'Code' that was submitted in the earlier versions.  I don't see anyway to see the Logs that were generated in the earlier submissions or the Results.

I guess I'll be waiting for the new version to come out.

Thanks so much,

Nancy 

BrianGaines
SAS Employee

Hi Nancy,

I'm glad to help!  

When you click on the "Submission history' icon, you are right that a new editor tab opens up that contains the code from that submission.  However, it should still have the Log and Results tabs with the corresponding information for that submission:

submissionHistoryCode.png

If I click on the Results tab, then I would see:

submissionHistoryResults.png

The above screen shots were done using SAS Studio 3.6, so it should work.  If you still have issues, please post back.

-Brian

SASHunter
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Brian,

Thanks - I tested a few more times to see what you were saying.  And yes it does have the Log and Results for each submission.  Thank you very much.  But maybe for the next version they could also make the Results tab be appended to, along with the Log tab.

So yes this helped.

Nancy

ballardw
Super User

@SASHunter wrote:

Hi Brian,

Thanks - I tested a few more times to see what you were saying.  And yes it does have the Log and Results for each submission.  Thank you very much.  But maybe for the next version they could also make the Results tab be appended to, along with the Log tab.

So yes this helped.

Nancy

The behavior you describe is the default currently for the Display manager, Base or Foundation version of SAS. (different names for the same thing). And people ask how to stop that and replace or clear and then display.  Options you could set with code are nice but the Results window has not been the recipient of many options and not easy to find.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation