BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Matim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

I'm currently using SAS Studio to learn programming with SAS. I create a SAS library to store the tables needed to access data and write code, so that I don't have to run into errors because of a non-existent library. When I finish SAS studio for the day, I save my new programs created and when I return later on, I'm able to see my saved programs. However, the library I created is erased after I close the SAS Studio session and launch it the next time. In SAS Studio, can libraries be saved and if so, how can I save libraries? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Use the GUI to set up the library. When you do that, there's an option to set automount so it's there everytime you start up.
Under Library, click the cabinet icon and set up the library following the prompts.

Another is to add the library definition to your Autoexec file - if SAS UE - click on the three lines on the top left corner and find the autoexec option and edit it to include your library definition.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User
Use the GUI to set up the library. When you do that, there's an option to set automount so it's there everytime you start up.
Under Library, click the cabinet icon and set up the library following the prompts.

Another is to add the library definition to your Autoexec file - if SAS UE - click on the three lines on the top left corner and find the autoexec option and edit it to include your library definition.

Matim
Obsidian | Level 7

Alright @Reeza ,

I've followed your steps and the library is now available whenever I end and begin a new SAS Session. Thanks for your help.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation