BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mvcastro
Fluorite | Level 6

We need to upload a file to SAS Studio but the file upload limit is set at 500 mb and the file is close to 3 Gb. We have the following error: "The size of the uploaded files cannot be greater than 500 MB. The size of the selected files is 2,8Gb. 

Captura.PNG

How can I change that limit?
Is there any limitation on the maximum size?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Manoj07k
Obsidian | Level 7
Please ref this doc : https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.4/calconfig/n08025sasconfiguration0admin.htm#n08001...

Large files can take a long time to load. If you have a large amount of content to upload, divide your content into smaller files if possible
mvcastro
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the reply.

Following that doc, I changed the webdms.maxUploadSize parameter and I set it to 4,3GB. Once the change was made, I tried to upload the same file and now I have this error:

Captura.PNG

I did several tests and the max file size that I manage to upload is 2GB. In Catalina´s log, I have this error:

2021-06-02 11:48:01,580 [tomcat-http--2] ERROR [unknown] org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/SASStudio].[coderServlet] - El Servlet.service() para el servlet [coderServlet] en el contexto con ruta [/SASStudio] lanzó la excepción [Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.web.multipart.MultipartException: Could not parse multipart servlet request; nested exception is org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException: Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. null] con causa raíz
java.net.SocketTimeoutException
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector.read(NioBlockingSelector.java:201)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.read(NioSelectorPool.java:235)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.read(NioSelectorPool.java:216)

I don´t know if there is any limit to the file size regardless of the webdms.maxUploadSize parameter. Or maybe there is some proxy level restriction that prevents the upload of such large files, or a problem with the java configuration... I don´t know.

Thanks a lot!

Manoj07k
Obsidian | Level 7

Not sure about proxy thing @mvcastro. The best option I would suggest is please open a track with SAS . 

Also if your ultimate goal is to convert raw data in file into dataset then you can try PROC IMPORT.

Thanks

mvcastro
Fluorite | Level 6

It doesn´t go by proxy, so this isn´t the problem.
Could it be a timeout problem? (for the error in catalina.out)
Perhaps the parameter "–Dvsd.lasr.client.timeout = number of minutes" should be specified in JVM_OPTS with a value large enough. I don´t know...

I keep investigating. Thank you

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Since this is not SAS ODA, why don't you do a direct SFTP upload, using a tool like WinSCP or Filezilla? These provide for automatic resumes, and the SSH/SFTP protocol is inherently faster than HTTPS.

mvcastro
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much. That would be the best solution but end users are not allowed access via ftp or via winscp.
Finally I think I have solved it by adding the "–Dvsd.lasr.client.timeout=30" parameter in JVM_OPTS.

I have tried it and now large files (4GB for example) can be uploaded.

Regards!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation