BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Lou11
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

I've read a couple different posts on this topic and I'm still not sure why I'm not receiving any output. I'm using SAS On Demand.  

Here's my code: 

proc contents data="/home/USERNAME/EPG1V2/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
run;

(where username is my actual user id).

I copied and pasted the file path from properties. 

I receive no warnings in the my log but I see no table describing the contents of the data as shown in the instructional video. 

Lou11_0-1628367459044.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
You might also try going into Preferences and on the Results choice, do a restore or reset to defaults. But usually logging off and logging on again should clear any strange behavior. The only other possibility is that you somehow resized and disappeared the Results tab.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Well, that's weird.  The "NOTE" in the log indicates that everything went fine.  I haven't used Studio for a while (I'm using Enterprise Guide as my interface), but I don't remember anything tricky about finding the output.  

I might try:

1.  Closing studio, re-opening studio, and then re-try running the Proc Contents.

2.  It could be that maybe your ODS (Output Delivery System) has some screwy setting.  Before your Proc Contents, insert the following

ODS Listing;

ODS HTML;

ODS HTML Exclude None;

It should look something like this:

ODS Listing;
ODS HTML;
ODS HTML Exclude None;
proc contents data="/home/USERNAME/EPG1V2/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
run;

That might be redundant to use ODS HTML twice, but hopefully that will "turn on" some of the output destinations if for some reason they are not active.  If you get any weird messages regarding ODS, try removing one or the other of the ODS HTML statements.

Jim

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
You might also try going into Preferences and on the Results choice, do a restore or reset to defaults. But usually logging off and logging on again should clear any strange behavior. The only other possibility is that you somehow resized and disappeared the Results tab.
Cynthia
Lou11
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you both. When I restarted, my results tab was small and in a weird place!

jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14
Well, hopefully you can resize it. At least we got it working.

Jim

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation