BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TimBedsted
SAS Employee

I have uploaded a file vis SASDrive on Viya4.

I can see the file from inside SAS Studio.

However, I can note make a file reference to it. I get the same lockdown error  as above

78 filename ind "/folders/myfolders/CS_Data/exported_Data.xpt";
ERROR: The path /folders/myfolders/CS_Data/exported_Data.xpt is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown
state.
ERROR: Error in the FILENAME statement. 

8 REPLIES 8
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are using SASDRIVE then make sure to use the appropriate VIYA commands for making those file accessible.  You cannot access those files as if they were files on a real disk drive.

TimBedsted
SAS Employee
Hello

What Viya commands are you referring to?

This used to work on Viya 3.5 ?!
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

/folders/myfolders is the path you would have used on the now discontinued University Edition to access the shared folder. I seriously doubt that it ever worked on Viya.

Viya uses a special storage service that is propagated through the cluster, so that all nodes can see all files (which are no longer visible as such to the underlying operating system). You have to use proper CAS/Viya code to access files in the cloud storage.

Reeza
Super User
I thought "folders/myfolders" was only valid for SAS UE, are you sure you're using the correct path in Viya?

You can find the folder, right click it and select properties to find the correct file path.
TimBedsted
SAS Employee

I have 4 SAS 9.4 datasets, which I have transferred to Viya on Azure using SASDrive. I also for backup purposes have the 4 datasets in XPT format.

I want to create a SAS SPRE libname from within SAS Studio, which points to the location, where the 4 files resides

However, I keep getting the lockdown error.

Therefore I am not able to run the code below:

cas casauto;

proc casutil;
load data=mylibname.cs_accepts; 
quit;

Reeza
Super User
I don't know how it's locked down and connecting to Azure unless it's locked to Azure? Have you checked with your administration team?
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

78 filename ind "/folders/myfolders/CS_Data/exported_Data.xpt";
ERROR: The path /folders/myfolders/CS_Data/exported_Data.xpt is not in the list of accessible paths when SAS is in the lockdown
state.

This error sounds very much like the environment has server lockdown enabled and restricted the paths you can access via your SAS session.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/biasag/n23000intelplatform00srvradm.htm 

You will need to store your files under a path that's defined for such access.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation