BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sheren_deep1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am currently learning to indent rows and eliminate horizontal lines. I followed the tutorial from this link http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/proc/61895/HTML/default/viewer.htm#a002473757.htm

However, I have gotten the output on SAS Studio as the following (notice that the horizontal lines and the nested rows are not indented) and not as per how it is supposed to be according to the tutorial. 

indent.PNG

Would anyone please help me on this? I actually need to do a similar thing to my project. 

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Unfortunately, the documentation example that you followed uses features that only work in the LISTING window. They do NOT work in HTML. IF you notice the output in the doc, it looks quite plain and no colors at all. That's because the LISTING window or OUTPUT window is the oldest (original) way to see SAS output in a "monospace" font -- which means no colors, no headers in a different color, no nice HTML output (which is the default SAS Studio output). That is why your TABULATE code and options like NOSEPS and INDENT don't work in HTML.

Cynthia

sheren_deep1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cyntia, 

Thank you for explanation. How can I indent the nested row and eliminate the horizontal line on the HTML SAS Studio default output? Would really appreciate your help. I have been trying to look for a solution for days now. 

Regards, 

Sheren 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The easiest way to do indenting will require you to switch to PROC REPORT. PROC REPORT gives you the kind of control over the cells that you need. The PROC TABULATE technique to do indenting cannot be made to work in HTML. For example,

proc_report_indent.png

The code above takes advantage of the fact that using the JOURNAL style comes automatically with no interior table lines in the table. REGION needs to be on the COLUMN statement, but with NOPRINT in the DEFINE statement to allow it to be used in the LINE statement.  The LINE statement in the COMPUTE BEFORE REGION puts the Region: Asia, Region: Canada etc on the report.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The easiest way to do indenting will require you to switch to PROC REPORT. PROC REPORT gives you the kind of control over the cells that you need. The PROC TABULATE technique to do indenting cannot be made to work in HTML. For example,

proc_report_indent.png

The code above takes advantage of the fact that using the JOURNAL style comes automatically with no interior table lines in the table. REGION needs to be on the COLUMN statement, but with NOPRINT in the DEFINE statement to allow it to be used in the LINE statement.  The LINE statement in the COMPUTE BEFORE REGION puts the Region: Asia, Region: Canada etc on the report.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation