BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
paulsonalec
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am using the "SAS Certification Prep Guide: Base Programming for SAS 9" to study for my base programming exam. I am using SAS Studio. I am having difficulty setting up the practice data relied on in the certification book. Specifically, SAS Studio is unable to locate the folder on my local Mac OSX machine. When I run the program that's supposed to set up all the practice data after adjusting to the correct folder location, I get the following error:

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /Users/MYCOMPUTER/Downloads/base-guide-practice-data/cert/cre8permdata.sas.
ERROR: Cannot open %INCLUDE file /Users/MYCOMPUTER/Downloads/base-guide-practice-data/cert/cre8permdata.sas.

Here is the code that was submitted and downloaded from SAS:

%let path=/Users/MYCOMPUTER/Downloads/base-guide-practice-data/cert;

/********************************************************************
 Do not modify the code below this line 
********************************************************************/
%macro setdelim;
   %global delim;
   %if %index(&path,%str(/)) %then %let delim=%str(/);
   %else %let delim=%str(\);
%mend;
%setdelim

%macro makedata;
%include "&path&delim.cre8permdata.sas";
%include "&path&delim.cre8workdata.sas";
%include "&path&delim.cre8flatfiles.sas";
%put;
%put NOTE- *******************************************************;
%put NOTE- Your SAS Certification Prep Guide data files are ready.;
%put NOTE- *******************************************************;
%mend;
%makedata;
Hope this makes sense, TIA!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulsonalec
Obsidian | Level 7

I have figured this out for those interested - 

Steps in SAS Studio
1. Create new folder in the Navigation pane, I named mine 'cert'

2. Upload to the folder 'cert' the SAS codes downloaded from the link in the book

3. In the code 'cre8data.sas', replace the Path macro to be the location of the folder 'cert', which is on the SAS Server, not your local machine

4. Run 'cre8data.sas' and the desired data will populate.

Best

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
paulsonalec
Obsidian | Level 7

Steps in SAS Studio

2. Upload to the folder 'cert' the SAS codes downloaded from the link in the book

3. In the code 'cre8data.sas', replace the Path macro to be the location of the folder 'cert', which is on the SAS Server, not your local machine

Best

Reeza
Super User

Were you using SAS On Demand for Academics or SAS UE? I'm assuming ODA since you mention the SAS Server. Otherwise the path would be something like:

/folders/myfolders/cert/

Either way, please mark the question answered and good luck with your certification practice.

@paulsonalec wrote:

Steps in SAS Studio

Best

SteamedHams
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually having issues with the data within SAS Enterprise Guide - any tips?

Cheers,

Steamed Hams

Reeza
Super User
Did you follow the EG instructions? Verify the path set up is correct and makes sense.
DavidBrown
Obsidian | Level 7

SOLVED IT!

My issue was a OneDrive problem. When I downloaded the practice data, it put it in the OneDrive copy of the SASUniversityEdition folder and not the folder on the C: drive, even though I select the SASUniversityEdition folder under "This PC". 

I downloaded the zip file to my Downloads folder and moved the base-guide-practice-data folder (containing the cert folder and other documents) to the SASUniversityEdition folder on my C: drive by expanding "OS (C:)" and selecting that folder. 

Once I did that, it showed up in UniversityEdition SAS Studio under My Folders. 

Whewww!

DavidBrown
Obsidian | Level 7
@sabisw I fixed the issue and edited my post to remove my unsavory comment.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 5 in conversation