BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jjadalla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello!

I have a SAS studio program that is currently saved.  How do I open it in SAS Studio?

Thank you so much for your help!

God bless, best regards, and take care,

Jadallah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jjadalla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

Thank you for your help.  I need to have Oracle VM VirtualBox open while running SAS Studio.

Jadallah

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Typically, in SAS Studio, I will use the Files and Folders pane to navigate to the folder where I stored the file and then just double click on the file name to open it into the SAS Studio editor. If you are using SAS OnDemand for Academics, and you have the program stored on your local machine, you may need to upload it to the server first before you can open it with a double click. Or, if you are using SAS University Edition in a Virtual Machine, you may need to move the program to your shared folder location to find it. It really depends on how you are using SAS Studio.

Cynthia
jjadalla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using SAS University Edition.  I clicked on the open folders button, but the folder where SAS University Edition is does not come up.

Thanks!

Jadallah

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you are using University Edition in a virtual machine:

The directory of the shared folder has different names in the host and in the virtual machine.

Reeza
Super User

@jjadalla wrote:

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for your reply.  I am using SAS University Edition.  I clicked on the open folders button, but the folder where SAS University Edition is does not come up.

Thanks!

Jadallah

You typically save files under myfolders. Did you set up any other shared folders? If so, they may be there. 

If your file is somewhere else, you need to put it in myfolders to access it. 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I use VMWare to get into my SAS University Edition. When I do, I click on the Folders pane on the left side of the SAS Studio screen:

folders_in_ue.png

Then under My Folders (which is my shared folders location), I have a sub-folder called all_programs and I will keep all my programs in this sub-folder. On my Windows system, the path is:

c:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\all_programs and since c:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders is defined as my shared folder location, all the sub-folders under \myfolders is visible in SAS Studio.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you clicked on the open folders button. Not sure what you mean by "open folders button".  You said the folder where SAS University Edition is "does not come up". That is odd. Assuming that you've installed SAS University Edition correctly and defined your shared folder correctly, you don't need to have the "SASUniversityEdition" folder "come up". If your SAS Studio Folders pane shows you the My Folders folder at the top of the pane, then SAS University Edition is up.

Cynthia

jjadalla
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello All,

Thank you for your help.  I need to have Oracle VM VirtualBox open while running SAS Studio.

Jadallah

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation