BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
KMM2
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to create a library using a LIBNAME statement.   I originally had the dataset in a folder directly under my Files (Home).  However, I kept getting an error that the library did not exist.  I then put the dataset in a subfolder under MY_SHARED_FILE_LINKS and it worked.  This is not something I necessarily want to share with a class.  I don't understand why it works one way but not the other (and I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious).  I copied the file paths directly from the properties of each one.

Here is how the datasets are stored:

KMM2_0-1690493920531.png

This is the log when I create the libraries:

KMM2_1-1690494005354.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

It really helps when providing code or log entries to post them as TEXT. That way when we have a recommendation we can copy/edit and paste text instead of retyping from scratch. If you have sensitive data in the text just XXXX over the offending characters.

READ your libname code closely. Then look at your folder picture. The path text shows "Rsch Data/Data" in the code. The folder picture shows the name of the Folder in Rsch Data as "DAta". Different case. See if making the CASE the same solves the problem.

This looks like it may be the SAS On Demand which runs on a case sensitive system.

Suggestion: use all lower case names every where in the folder and files to minimize such problems. Your students will misspell stuff and the fewer elements that can go wrong the better. Also consider not including spaces either. It may be that you end up with two or more spaces and your students will type one and not understand the resulting errors either.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

It really helps when providing code or log entries to post them as TEXT. That way when we have a recommendation we can copy/edit and paste text instead of retyping from scratch. If you have sensitive data in the text just XXXX over the offending characters.

READ your libname code closely. Then look at your folder picture. The path text shows "Rsch Data/Data" in the code. The folder picture shows the name of the Folder in Rsch Data as "DAta". Different case. See if making the CASE the same solves the problem.

This looks like it may be the SAS On Demand which runs on a case sensitive system.

Suggestion: use all lower case names every where in the folder and files to minimize such problems. Your students will misspell stuff and the fewer elements that can go wrong the better. Also consider not including spaces either. It may be that you end up with two or more spaces and your students will type one and not understand the resulting errors either.

KMM2
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!  Changing the case fixed it.  I didn't realize some systems are case sensitive.  Good advice on naming conventions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation