BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wilbur
Calcite | Level 5
Hello, I am using SAS Studio University Edition (Release 3.6) for Linux Ubuntu 16.04. I am trying to get a directory listing of files using the 'ls' command, and receiving the error statements "ERROR: Insufficient authorization to access PIPE. ERROR: Error in the FILENAME statement." My code: filename DIRLIST pipe "ls /path_to_excel_files/*"; I have read online solutions regarding setting the XCMD option, but cannot find where this might be set in University Edition. Perhaps there is another way to get a file listing? I want to be able to import selected XLS files into SAS. Thanks much
3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
SAS UE does not allow/support system commands, including pipe access. However, you can use Fxxx type functions to retrieve the same information. I think the following will work on SAS UE, you do need to set up a shared folder to the path of interest though. https://github.com/statgeek/SAS-Tutorials/blob/master/Import_all_files_one_type
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @wilbur,

Just as an FYI, you can find this and other limitations here in the SAS University Edition FAQ:

Is there anything else I should know before I start using SAS University Edition?

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation