BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhaskarkothavt
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear SAS Community,

I'm encountering an error while running a PROC EXPORT step in SAS Studio using Viya 4. The step attempts to export a dataset with approximately 1 million observations and 38 columns to a CSV file. I'd greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.
Here's the specific error message I'm receiving :

bhaskarkothavt_0-1721135275227.png

Here is the code that i used:

filename exprt filesrvc folderpath="/AAI/College of Engineering/Data Requests" filename="Policy91_CE_Final_Data.csv";

proc export
data=final_data
dbms=csv
outfile=exprt
replace;
run;

Additional Information:

I've verified that the user running SAS Studio has write permissions to the target directory.
No other applications are currently using the target CSV file.
I've double-checked the file path specified in the PROC EXPORT statement for any typos.
Has anyone else encountered a similar issue when exporting large datasets with PROC EXPORT in Viya 4? Any insights or suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Thank you for your time and support!

Best Regards,
Bhaskar

6 REPLIES 6
ballardw
Super User

Are there any file size limits in place? Total user space allocations? That one file is likely to be well over 30Mb and may be having issues with space allotment.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I see that you are exporting to your SAS Content folders and not to a native file system. Is that what you want? Where will this CSV file be needed?

If you have access to an a file storage location instead, I'd try to export to there. If you want to export this only to ultimately download it, maybe you can use a temp file location instead.

SAS Hackathon registration is open! Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world.
bhaskarkothavt
Obsidian | Level 7
Currently we have windows file server as storage location but we cannot able to connect using viya directly so we end moving it SAS Contents and downloading.
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20

Ask your administrator if there is a 30 second timeout limit.

bhaskarkothavt
Obsidian | Level 7
We checked the timeout limit as 3600
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try testing your EXPORT program on Viya 4 storage. If it works there reliably then you can assume the problem lies with Windows folder share and is not actually a SAS problem.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation