BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mikaelllr0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello All,

I'm new to SAS. I just downloaded a data set and tried to put it into SAS Studio. I've been trying to upload the XPT data but it keeps on prompting that the file is too large. The message says "The size of uploaded files cannot be greater than 10MB. The size of selected file is 1.2GB". How do I put this XPT file into the system so I can start viewing its data? Can someone please help me out? Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

How are you using SAS/Studio?

If you are using it to connect to SAS running on your machine there is no need to "upload" the data at all.  If you are using full SAS on your machine then just point to where you have it.  It you are using SAS University Edition the use your PC to move it into the folder that you have shared with the virtual machine where SAS UE is running and point to it use the path that it has in the virtual machine.

If you are using SAS/Studio to connect to SAS running somewhere else the use some other tool to put the file in a place where SAS can see it.

mikaelllr0
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I am using SAS Studio via web browser. I tried running this code 

LIBNAME TRANSPRT XPORT 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017.xpt';

LIBNAME DATAOUT V7 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017'

PROC COPY IN=TRANSPRT OUT=DATAOUT;
RUN;

Then everytime I try to run it, it says this error

WARNING: Library DATAOUT does not exist.
NOTE: Input library TRANSPRT is sequential.
ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017.xpt.

What would be the best method I could to for SAS to see the file, I could not upload it since the file is too large

Reeza
Super User

SAS studio always runs in a browser, it matters if you're using SAS University Edition - did you download and set up Oracle VirtualBox? If so, there's no file limit but you do need to place your datasets in the myfolders set up during installation. You access myfolders by using the following path:

libname demo xport '/folders/myfolders/demo.xpt';

If it's Academics on Demand, then there is a 10MB limit. 

@mikaelllr0 wrote:

Hello, I am using SAS Studio via web browser. I tried running this code 

LIBNAME TRANSPRT XPORT 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017.xpt';

LIBNAME DATAOUT V7 'C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017'

PROC COPY IN=TRANSPRT OUT=DATAOUT;
RUN;

Then everytime I try to run it, it says this error

WARNING: Library DATAOUT does not exist.
NOTE: Input library TRANSPRT is sequential.
ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /pbr/biconfig/940/Lev1/SASApp/C:\Users\name\Desktop\COH606\LLCP2017.xpt.

What would be the best method I could to for SAS to see the file, I could not upload it since the file is too large

Reeza
Super User
If you're using SAS Academics on Demand, there is a 10MB limit on the data sets.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
And if you're using SAS OnDemand for Academics, you cannot have your "DATAOUT" point to your C: drive. SAS OnDemand servers don't read from or write to your C: drive. When and if you do get a smaller file and upload it to the server, you'd need to use a path like:
/home/<yourUserID>/COh606/

Note that the OnDemand server is a Unix server and you can only write files to your /home directory. (You can read from other directories on the Unix server, such as SASHELP or MAPS or an instructor's directory), but you cannot read from your Windows C: drive.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation