BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Crit_Viet
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I'm using SAS University Edition to study. As guided in support.sas.com , I copied then run this code

data _null_;
   window start
          #9  @26 'WELCOME TO THE SAS SYSTEM'
                  color=black
          #12  @19 'THIS PROGRAM CREATES'
          #12  @40 'TWO SAS DATA SETS'
          #14 @26 'AND USES THREE PROCEDURES'
          #18 @27 'Press ENTER to continue';
    display start;
    stop;
run;

then it comes up with this error message: "ERROR: The DATA STEP windowing environment cannot be initialized due to a XU supervisor failure". So, is it not available in SAS University Edition which was installed in virtual machine ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

%WINDOW is a legacy technology only available with a Foundation / Base SAS install on a PC. I believe there is an alternative way in SAS Studio / UE to enter options into your programs using HTML forms. I'll try to locate an example.

This link should help: http://support.sas.com/software/products/sas-studio/faq/windowsmacro.htm

User interfaces can be built in custom tasks. I'm assuming these will work in SAS UE. Has anyone tried it?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

%WINDOW is a legacy technology only available with a Foundation / Base SAS install on a PC. I believe there is an alternative way in SAS Studio / UE to enter options into your programs using HTML forms. I'll try to locate an example.

This link should help: http://support.sas.com/software/products/sas-studio/faq/windowsmacro.htm

User interfaces can be built in custom tasks. I'm assuming these will work in SAS UE. Has anyone tried it?

Crit_Viet
Fluorite | Level 6

Many thanks with appreciation 🙂 I will learn to use task instead of %window to build UI

Reeza
Super User

There is a series of posts on here, called 'Tuesday Tasks' that demonstrate examples of custom tasks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation