BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello all members in the community. For getting job in a pharmaceutical company, I am told to learn SASS programming to make the tables and list( nothing more. I don't need to learn statistical analysis) and I will be tested on that. Please introduce me right to the points resources ( books, tutorials and ...) to learn and get experience in making tables and lists in SAS.( I should mention I have relatively background in computer programming and database but I have been in SAS area for about 8 days).

Thank you again for your help. Deeply appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
7 REPLIES 7
Reeza
Super User

1. Complete the free SAS programming 1 course (2/3 days)

2. Go through the code in this paper, you should be able to write those programs from scratch in the type of job you're applying for, specifically Example 8 https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings/pdfs/sgf2008/173-2008.pdf

3. Read the documentation for and play around with PROC MEANS, FREQ, REPORT and TABULATE. Go through each of the examples for each of those procedures.

seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello and thank you very much for the reply. If you give me some  resource  to practice making tables and lists( reports) from an excel file . it would help me a lot..

Thank you again.

Reeza
Super User

Once the data has been imported into SAS the process is the same regardless of the original source of data, Excel, CSV or a DB.

Here's an additional example of a macro I wrote when I worked on clinical trials that I found made my life easier. This is likely the type of work they're expecting you to be able to do.

https://gist.github.com/statgeek/2f27939fd72d1dd7d8c8669cd39d7e67

seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7
Reeza, would you please describe more the macro for me and tell me how to use it?

Thank you very much and deeply appreciated.
seamoh
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Reeza and thank you very much for  your helps. Reeza recently the hiring manager asked me this question?

"Can you think of a data set and generate a table that you as a clinician wants to see"

Honestly I couldn't  understand his question because I think there are lots of different tables may a clinician want to see? what is your idea about his question, if you clarify me about his question, I will step right to the point.

Thank you again.

and I am looking forward your answer.

Ksharp
Super User

Calling @data_null__  @Tom 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation