BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All

I registered an Oracle table in metadata, then made a change to the table (modified a numeric column size from 10 to 15) and then tried to update the table metadata, but got this error:

ERROR: Invalid or missing "Delimiter" or "DefaultValue" attribute value from Property object with "UseValueOnly" attribute set to
FALSE. Metadata incorrect.

I have no idea what it means, has anyone encountered this error before?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Numerical variables in external databases typically doesn't have sizes. SAS variables has a byte size (between 3 and 8 for most operating environments).
So in SAS metadata external numerical columns default to 8 bytes, and there makes little sense to change this.
What is your original Oracle data type?
Perhaps your after only to change the SAS display format?
A screenshot would help understand what you are trying to do.
Data never sleeps
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

The field is defined in Oracle as NUMBER (10). When the table metadata is registered, the data type is indeed integer, but a format and informat of 11. is applied. So when the field is modified to NUMBER (15), the format and informat will be changed to 16., and I need to test the impact of this in SAS jobs

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Oh, so if you such an error during normal update, perform the regular metadata clean up tasks.
If you still get the error report to SAS Tech support.
Changing the format will probably not change anything when it comes to SAS ETL processing, but if course the metadata should be correct 😊
Data never sleeps
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Exactly! No problems with the eventual result but it is messy and I don't like it lol. So I think it has more to do with the Oracle schema I used to do the test, worked perfectly when I used a different schema. Don't know why and am not even going to try and figure it out. I manged to do what I wanted to do 🙂

Thanks!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation