BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jimbarbour
Meteorite | Level 14

Which makes sense:  When you logged off and logged back on the CAPS option was no longer set because you only executed (I presume) the email portion of the code and not the %INCLUDE that set the CAPS option.  

When testing, I've found it helpful to log off and start with a fresh session one last time before implementing new code.  Every once in a while, I'll catch a mistake where the code was only working because of some previous iteration of execution.

Jim

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

When testing, I've found it helpful to log off and start with a fresh session one last time before implementing new code.  Every once in a while, I'll catch a mistake where the code was only working because of some previous iteration of execution.

For me, it has unfortunately been more often than "Every once in a while", but in SAS Studio the problem has always been fixed by restarting the session using the SAS Studio menu option.  That's easier and faster than logging out and back in.  There may be a circumstance when that doesn't suffice, but I haven't found it yet (other than the case where there's a Windows memory leak somewhere - SAS Studio or the browser - and I have to not only log out but also close and restart the browser).

GlennGail
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your suggestions...   I have no idea what the "root cause", but I have have found that if I begin the program with PROC OPTSAVE then issue the PROC OPTLOAD after creating the .CSV files and before the email code everything works great...  Now I will start digging in to understand why this works...

Ok, did a PROC OPTIONS at the beginning of the program and then again before the MAIL code and put the before and after in files then ran a compare... 

I believe the root cause is the OPTIONS parameter NOCAPS/CAPS is the culprit...

Start of program:  NOCAPS Does not convert certain types of input, and all data lines, into uppercase characters.

Later in program:  CAPS Converts certain types of input, and all data lines, into uppercase characters.

So...  The simple fix is to add OPTIONS NOCAPS before the email  

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 in conversation