BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AudreyM
Calcite | Level 5

i have to do this proc genmod:

PROC GENMOD DATA = _1;
  CLASS TRTP1-TRTP3 country1-country21 NEXTGR11-NEXTGR12 FEVPGR11-FEVPGR13;
  MODEL AVAL = TRTP1-TRTP3 country1-country21 NEXTGR11-NEXTGR12 FEVPGR11-FEVPGR13 /
  OFFSET=LNFUDUR2 DIST=negbin LINK=log;
  BAYES SEED=22022021 COEFFPRIOR=uniform THIN=100 OUTPOST= dataset2 NMC=100000;
RUN;

but unfortunately, i have the below error messages (all the covariates are binary 0/1 and the AVAL variable includes only integer values from 0 to 5. Only the OFFSET variable is a continuous variable)

AudreyM_0-1671449940332.png

The distribution of AVAL is the following:

AudreyM_1-1671450115242.png

my thought is that is due to the low variability of AVAL because in a lot of strata, the available values of AVAL are only 0.

But these are the data that i have so i cannot change them. i have tried to round the offset variable so have a fix number of digits but does not change the outcome.

Would you have any solution to resolve this?

Thanks

Audrey

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Hessian not positive definite often is a result of the model not fitting the data well. See https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/mixed-model-NOTE-Convergence-criteria-met-but-...

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation