BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
smart
Fluorite | Level 6

The SAS help community has always been very valuable for a beginner like me. Hoping someone can take the time to please help me again! Here is my code thus far:

filename rawdata '/courses/ddb976e5ba27fe300/NHANES 2013_2014/alcohol.dat';

data Alcohol (keep = SEQN ALQ120Q);
infile rawdata;
run;
proc print data=Alcohol;
run;

***I have no errors, but this warning keeps popping up "The table "WORK.ALCOHOL" cannot be opened because it does not contain any columns."***

Here is my task if more information is needed on what I am trying to do:

The codebook, which shows the variable labels and formats, is available at:

https://wwwn.cdc.gov/Nchs/Nhanes/2013-2014/ALQ_H.htm#SEQN

Import the alcohol.dat data into a temporary SAS data set called Alcohol. The alcohol.dat file is stored in the /courses/ddb976e5ba27fe300/NHANES 2013_2014folder. The data values represent SEQN, ALQ101, ALQ110, ALQ120Q, ALQ120U, ALQ130, ALQ141Q, ALQ141U, ALQ151, and ALQ160, respectively.

The alcohol data set should contain only the following variables:

Sequence Number and Number of Drinks Per Day for the Past 12 Months

The two variables in the Alcohol data set should have permanently assigned variable labels.

2 REPLIES 2

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation