BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
srapp
Calcite | Level 5

I have a javaScript applications made using Sencha Ext-JS which displays a grid I have populated with data from SAS and allows the user to update the grid. When the update is made it calls a stored process and uses the POST method to pass JSON data to it representing the changes that were made in the grid. When I run this in Chrome I can see the "Request Payload" as the Chrome debugger calls it, which shows the JSON string being passed to the stored process. However in the stored process I cant workout how to access this POST data. In the past I have often used forms with the GET method and parameters are passed as part of the URL, so they are easily able to be picked up in the stored process. However with this POST method I dont know where they are. I suspect they are probably in some kind of stream, and so I probably need to define a new data source for the stored process to read. I tried a few variations on this, which didnt work - and it doesnt seem to be very extensively documented.

Please can you tell me how to read the POST data sent from javaScript from my Stored Process?

thanks

Phil Mason

1 REPLY 1
boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi Phil,

It's much simpler than that - they should be no different to the GET requests. How are you adding the POST payload in ExtJS?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation