BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Salih
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am a beginner stat student. I am trying to plot observed and predicted Poisson and negative binomial probabilities against the

data observed. I have no experience or prior knowledge of graphing. I am getting lost in all complex explanations.

Can you please help me in simplest way of accomplishing this task? 

Below is my syntax. How do I plot predicted Poisson and negative binomial probabilities against the sample below?

data world;
input scores @@;
datalines;
5 1 6 3 2 1 2 1 1 2 1 3 3 3 3
4 1 1 1 2 1 3 2 2 3 7 3 3 7
4 3 3 3 2 4 2 0 3 3 3 2 4 2
1 1 1 3 7 3 2 2 2 5
;

proc means data=world n mean var;
run;
/* Mean= 2.67 and Variance=2.56. The data is a good canfidate for poisson distribution. */

proc genmod data=world;
model scores= /dist=poisson link=log;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Another example that produces both an observed vs. expected plot (using PROC COUNTREG) and a test of the fit (using PROC FREQ) is shown in this note.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Follow the example in the article "Fitting a Poisson distribution to data in SAS."

The only difference is that your response is named 'scores' instead of 'N' and your counts are 0-7 instead of 0-13.

SGPlot48.png

Salih
Calcite | Level 5

Can you please share the link again? It is not working.

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Another example that produces both an observed vs. expected plot (using PROC COUNTREG) and a test of the fit (using PROC FREQ) is shown in this note.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation