BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Requesting guidance or pointers to some comprehensive documentation on the below topics to get started and learn my way up. My search leads me to SAS Stat procedure docs of course, however is there any more detailed one than that?

1. Principal component analysis & Factor analysis (Eigen-values and eigenvectors, scree plots, dimension reduction, factor rotation)
  2. Canonical Correlation (to assess the relationship between two sets of variables) ▪ Discriminant analysis (Fisher's discriminant function) 
  3. Cluster analysis (similarity measures, hierarchical clustering & non-hierarchical clustering). ▪ Multidimensional Scaling (if time permits)
5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

J. E. Jackson, "A User's Guide to Principal Components", John Wiley and Sons, 1991

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/book/10.1002/0471725331

Also covers factor analysis and canonical correlations.

It is "the bible" for Principal Components.

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User

Last but not least, the documentation also includes the list of references that were used to develop the procedure. A lot is pretty technical but if you're going into the weeds its a good place to start.

https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=statug&docsetVersion=14.3&docsetTarget=statug_princomp_refer...

novinosrin
Tourmaline | Level 20

Thank you @Reeza and @PaigeMiller as always. Taking advantage of your(both) kindness :),  I will keep the thread open to come back with questions once the fall quarter begins at DePaul  and the course starts. In the meantime, I will start reading the recommended books/articles by you. 

Well, always never can thank you all  enough as this isn't the first or last time you have helped me or  I am gonna reach out 🙂 Have a nice day!

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I add, for no particular reason other than pure name-dropping, that I used to work with J. E. "Ted" Jackson.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation