BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your help. It looks better... See below the iteration history:

As you can see below, Objective function = 37408 from iteration 6 to iteration 199.

glim1.png

glim2.png

I have seen that there are a lot of option regarding the convergence (PCONV, ABSCONV, ABSFCONV, ABSGCONV, ABSXCONV, FCONV, GCONV). How criterion would you use to relax the convergence criterion ?

Violaine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

First step, I would increase maxiter to 1000.

PCONV is the only one that directly affects the outer loop process.  It looks at the parameter set convergence.  I generally try to "sneak up" on it.  The default is 1e-8, so I generally try PCONV=1e-7 as my first attempt.  All of the other options refer to the inner loop process and are put in the NLOPTIONS statement.  Unless there is a warning in the log that something is failing in the inner loop, I would recommend staying away from these.

Steve Denham

hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

I have increased maxiter to 1000. Proc glimmix took about 20 minutes to run, and it didn't converge. See below the last part of the iteration history:

Again, the Objective function stays close to 37408.

glim1.png

Thanks for your thoughts,

Violaine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Time to use PCONV.  You are close to convergence.  Start with PCONV=1e-7, and if that doesn't work, choose slightly larger values until you get convergence.

Steve Denham

hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

The following code works and converges:

proc glimmix data = efftab pconv=1e-5 ;

weekcont=week;

class usubjid trt01pn week country ;

model respfn = week trt01pn week*trt01pn / noint dist=bin link=logit ;

random week / subject=usubjid*country type=sp(pow)(weekcont) ;

*nloptions maxiter=200 ;

run ;

With the following results:

resu.png

Then, I used the following statement to compute the OR at Week 1 for example :

estimate OR at WEEK 1" trt01pn 1 week 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
                                                  trt01pn*week   1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 / exp ;

But it leads to the following result:

Did I make a mistake? I think that an OR cannot be negative, so I'm probably missing something. Also, in addition to the OR, I'd like to get the CI + p-value of the diff between trt group.

or.png

Thanks for any idea,

Violaine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I think to get an odds ratio, you have to have a difference between two groups as a starting point, so try using the ODDSRATIO in the MODEL statement.

However, there is still a problem with the model in that there are no denominator degrees of freedom for the treatment and treatment interaction. Try adding the between-within option to the model statement:

model respfn = week trt01pn week*trt01pn / noint dist=bin link=logit ddfm=bw;

Steve Denham

Message was edited by: Steve Denham

hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for answer answer. Indeed, it works better with the "ddfm=bw" option.

I have tried to use the "ODDSRATIO in the MODEL statement.", however I'm not sure to get what I really want (at each visit: OR of the proportion of responder in Active group versus PBO group).

I have to look further in the output result and SAS documentation.

Thank you!

Violaine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I think you will want the ODDSRATIO option in the model statement, and again in an LSMEANS statement.  I believe you will be interested in the comparison at each week, so the slicediff= option comes into play.  Try adding:

lsmeans week*trt01pn /slicediff=week oddsratio;

Steve Denham

hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Steve,

This is my last updated code :

(Fyi, I have removed the country - as discussed and agreed in our team)

[1] proc glimmix data = efftab pconv=1e-5;

[1]  weekcont=week;

[1] class usubjid trt01pn(ref='0') week ;

[1] model respfn = trt01pn week week*trt01pn / dist=bin link=logit ddfm=bw oddsratio ;

[1] random week / subject=usubjid type=sp(pow)(weekcont) ;

[2] lsmeans week*trt01pn /slicediff=week oddsratio cl ;

[3] estimate"OR of Active vs Pbo at Week 1" trt01pn 1 week 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

week*trt01pn 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 / exp ;

[1]  run ;

[1] The "oddsratio" option from the MODEL statement :

It displays ORs for:

- TRT01PN=Active vs. PBO

- AVISITN=WEEK 1 vs WEEK 52

- AVISITN=WEEK 48 vs WEEK 52.

>> But it does not display the OR of Active vs. PBO at each Week. So, I think that I cannot use the information from the "oddsratio" option from the MODEL statement.

[3] The "estimate" statement :

The result from the SAS Output is "Non-est". Did I make an issue in the specification of this statement? (As a reminder, TRT01PN is coded 1 for Active vs 0 for Pbo). I don't see why it doesn't work.

[2] The "lsmeans" statement :

I guess that I can retrieve the Odds ratio, CI and p-value from the "Simple Effect Comparisons of TRT01PN*WEEK Least Squares Means By WEEK" table (ODS Table Name = SliceDiffs). Do I understand well ? These OR will be computed considering the main effect + the interaction too. Is it correct ? I was also wondering why we wouldn't use the slice option instead of slicediff ?

Thanks a million in advance for your support,

Best regards,

Violaine

hetuvio
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Steve,

I have done the 2 following prog glimmix and it has the following "Fit Statistics" :

Glimmix A (considering the real time with a spacial covariance structure):

weekcont=week;

class trt01pn(ref='0') usubjid week ;

model respfn = trt01pn week trt01pn*week / dist=bin link=logit ddfm=bw ;

random week / subject=usubjid type=sp(pow)(weekcont) ;

lsmeans week*trt01pn /slicediff=week oddsratio cl

run ;

week.png

Glimmix B (considering the original visit variable avisitn with no special type of the covariance structure):

class trt01pn(ref='0') usubjid avisitn ;

model respfn = trt01pn avisitn trt01pn*avisitn / dist=bin link=logit ddfm=bw ;

random avisitn / subject=usubjid ;

lsmeans avisitn*trt01pn /slicediff=avisitn oddsratio cl ;

run ;

avisitn.png

Looking into the ratio of the generalized chi-square statistic and its degrees of freedom : it is close to 1 in Glimmix B. I understand that it indicates that the variability in these data has been properly modeled, and that there is no residual overdispersion.

Then, considering the Fit Statistics, I would consider the 2nd glimmix modeling (Glimmix B) instead. Could you please let me know your thoughts ?

Thanks so much,

Best regards,

Violaine

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

I am out of the office until next week, so this will be short.

The estimate statement is non-est because it doesn't compare anything at this point.  To get a difference you have to code both parts of interest, one with a positive 1 the other with a negative 1.  I think I gae an example.

I hope you can wait until next week when I get back to work.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation