BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Landon2
Calcite | Level 5

the software is showing ERROR: File NP.parks.DATA does not exist. despite the numerous attempts to access NP.parks I don't know if the file does not exist or if the file is somehow unretained do to possible human error, I've been signed up to SAS® OnDemand for Academics and my course code is ba1c035c-9872-4391-973f-ce865df9c9d9

libname data "/home/ncvpssas0/my_content/EPG194/data";
libname np xlsx "/home/ncvpssas0/my_shared_file_links/ncvpssas0/EPG194/data/np_info.xlsx";
proc contents data=np.parks;

run;Screenshot 2024-01-29 14aaa.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This file that you reference is an EXCEL file, and the tab you are trying to access, PARKS, doesn't exist.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

This file that you reference is an EXCEL file, and the tab you are trying to access, PARKS, doesn't exist.

--
Paige Miller
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

So are you the one that created the course?  I see that in your libname statement:

libname np xlsx "/home/ncvpssas0/my_shared_file_links/ncvpssas0/EPG194/data/np_info.xlsx";

the user id is the same as the course creator (ncvpssas0) 

If you are the course creator - this is correct but if you enrolled in the course, the first id should be your userid.

You can always get the correct path by right-clicking on the folder or file & selecting Properties.

Also, in your first libname statement:

libname data "/home/ncvpssas0/my_content/EPG194/data";

Did you create a subfolder called my_content under your Files(Home) directory?

For the Programming 1 course - we highly suggest that you copy the course directory (EPG194) directly under your Files(Home) directory & then you can use the path macro & libname statement:

%let path=~/EPG194/data;
libname PG1 "&path";

The ~ symbol will default to the user's Files(Home) directory & so this will work for everyone.

One another note:  It looks like you may be using an older version of the Programming 1 class - there is a newer version EPG1V2 - not sure if much changed.

Hope that helps.

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ
So the correct libname statement for np_info.xlsx would be:
libname np xlsx "/home/your user id/my_shared_file_links/ncvpssas0/EPG194/data/np_info.xlsx";

where you replace 'your user id' with your actual userid
Landon2
Calcite | Level 5
how do i update....im quite new to sas
tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

So just update the libname statement above with your user id - you can find your user id by clicking on your name in top right on the welcome.oda.sas.com page (usually starts with the a 'u').

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation