BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aecoaker
Calcite | Level 5

Not sure if I'm missing something as I'm new to SAS but doing a module on it at university and starting to fall behind because of this issue.

When I try to open SAS Studio from my SAS OnDemand for Academics dashboard a new tab opens, it going through a sign in phase, and then it gets to 'Initializing...' and never moves past it. It's not frozen because the spinner is still going and I'm using an updated version of Chrome so I don't think it's a browser issue.

I've had a search and can't find anything about a similar issue happening lately, is it normal for it to take more than an hour to open?

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
An hour start up seems excessive. I can think of a few things to check. It could be your browser's security settings, it could be your Internet connection.
Make sure that scripting and popup windows are allowed in your browser security settings. Try Firefox if Chrome is giving your fits.
Did you sign up for the correct region? there are 3 regions, United States, Europe and Asia Pacific. For example if you are located in the US, but you accidentally signed up for the Asia Pacific region of account, then your browser in the US will be trying to connect to a server for a geographically different region. Response time can be impacted by this. You can tell what region your account is running on in the upper right-hand corner of the SAS OnDemand Dashboard -- look for the icon with your name and the region is right next to that icon.
I don't know where you're located, but that might be one possibility. Is your Internet connection solid? Are you connecting on Wireless or via a hot spot connection versus a wired connection? Are you using VPN or a company machine on a network with tight security? If so, try disconnecting from VPN or try a different computer. Are you trying to connect from a mobile phone or a tablet -- SAS Studio does not support those devices. Here are the system requirements for browsers: https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikstudiosr/72749/PDF/default/sreq.pdf
Does SAS Studio eventually open? Are there any hidden popup windows asking you to allow scripts to run? You said you were working on a module at a university. Are other students in your class having the same issue? If you are the only one experiencing this issue with long connection times, you might try comparing your computer and browser's security settings with those of your fellow students with working connections to see what might be different on the 2 computers. If none of these suggestions help and you are still experiencing such long connection times with SAS Studio and your region is correct, then it might be time to send mail for support. To request support, send e-mail to SASoda@sas.com .
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation