BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
user2024
Calcite | Level 5

I'm new to SAS and currently using it with the Chrome browser.

After uploading my data, I'm encountering an issue where it continuously displays 'Opening a Table' without progressing further.

Any guidance or suggestions on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To find out more, you can run

proc contents data="<complete path to file>";
run;

To get the path, right-click on the file and copy it from the properties.

After running the code, study the log if you do not get output.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
user2024
Calcite | Level 5

I found that the issue had already been resolved.
I uploaded a .sas7bdat file, and when I double-clicked to open it, I got stuck at the "Opening a Table" screen. During the stack, all buttons in SAS Studio were inactive.
Surprisingly, after waiting in a signed-out state for about 20 hours, the problem resolved itself automatically.
I've decided not to use this file.
Thank you.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To find out more, you can run

proc contents data="<complete path to file>";
run;

To get the path, right-click on the file and copy it from the properties.

After running the code, study the log if you do not get output.

user2024
Calcite | Level 5

I tried using that command on the .sas7bdat file, but it remained in the "running" status without progress, and of course, no LOG was generated. Luckily, this time there was a cancel button so the process could be stopped.
Note that the R haven package can open the .sas7bdat file without any problems.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If that file was created with R, the issue seems to be there, or the file was messed up somewhere in between during transfers.

For communication between diverse software, I always prefer pure text files, which can be read consistently with a DATA step in SAS.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation