BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to analyze my data using the Summary Statistics and One-Way Anova but on the Top Corner, there a red exclamation point next to the DATA sub-heading and the "Add Columns" sign (+) won't let me add my variables.

Error in Summary Statistics.png

13 REPLIES 13
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Does the ORGAN dataset actually have any numeric variables to use in an analysis?

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Share the output of PROC CONTENTS.  Preferably as text pasted into the pop-up window that opens when you hit the Insert Code icon (looks like < / > ).

BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5
PROC CONTENTS DATA=WORK.ORGAN; RUN;
BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5

/* Generated Code (IMPORT) */
/* Source File: Rough Data-Organ Weight (7.6.23).xlsx */
/* Source Path: /home/u62478585/Summer 2022 Poultry Research */
/* Code generated on: 7/6/23, 2:39 PM */

%web_drop_table(WORK.ORGAN);

FILENAME REFFILE '/home/u62478585/Summer 2022 Poultry Research/Rough Data-Organ Weight (7.6.23).xlsx';

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE
        DBMS=XLSX
        OUT=WORK.ORGAN;
        GETNAMES=YES;
        SHEET="Organ Weights";
RUN;

%web_open_table(WORK.ORGAN);

Codes for Data_7.6.23.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I'm wondering if this is a problem caused by the spaces and parentheses in the variable names.

What happens if you first run the command

options validvarname=any;

and then try the one-way ANOVA?

--
Paige Miller
BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5
It didn't work
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

So as Sherlock Holmes would say, once you have eliminated many possible causes, whatever is left (no matter how unlikely) is the cause.

So, we are trying to eliminate causes now.

Please show us the ENTIRE output from PROC CONTENTS. When I run PROC CONTENTS, the very first table in the output shows the name of the data set. We need to see this and the rest of the PROC CONTENTS output. Here is that first table when I run PROC CONTENTS on the data set SASHELP.CLASS, you can clearly see that the name of the data set is provided.

PaigeMiller_0-1688678438250.png

--
Paige Miller
Reeza
Super User
%web_drop_table(WORK.ORGAN);

FILENAME REFFILE '/home/u62478585/Summer 2022 Poultry Research/Rough Data-Organ Weight (7.6.23).xlsx';

PROC IMPORT DATAFILE=REFFILE
        DBMS=XLSX
        OUT=WORK.ORGAN;
        GETNAMES=YES;
        SHEET="Organ Weights";
RUN;

proc means data=organ;
run;

What happens if you run that?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

What the error message says is: " ... the following roles are not set: Analysis variable". Your screen capture shows that you have not assigned a variable in the Analysis variables dialog box. You need to do that. Similarly, you will need to assign a variable to the Classification variables box.

--
Paige Miller
BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5
Nothing is not coming up for me to add the variables. I have been clicking the to add variables, but it's not letting me
BARCMRC05
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry for the late response. Thank you everyone for helping me with my SAS problem, but I did figured out what was the problem. There was a problem with my Library Folders.Thank you to the individuals for reaching out and helping me. I really appreciate it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation