BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chi7487
Calcite | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I am trying to open up a table using an adsl file, but I keep receiving an error message that states "Member _TEMP8.DATA was created by a more recent release of SAS and cannot be accessed by this release." I am confused because I did not have this issue until recently. I was able to view the table without any issues. What should I do? 

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Which version of SAS are you using?

If you aren't sure you can try running this code:

Proc Setinit;
run;

The Log will then have some of the SAS license related items. Likely the second line of output will look something like this:

Current version: 9.04.01M4P110916

Share that with us.

That message could mean that the place you are getting your data from has changed. Depending which version of SAS you have and the other files different options may be needed.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

"I am trying to open up a table using an adsl file" Can you explain what you are doing in more detail? What SAS code or tool are you using? AFAIK, ADSL is a file standard used with clinical trials data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation