BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xzhao023
Calcite | Level 5

I am using the SAS OnDemand for Academics.  I am trying to open a sas.exe file to get the data.  I tried this command: 

data _null_;
     infile '<myfile.exe> 2>&1' pipe;
     input; * read from output;
     putlog _infile_; * show it in the log;
run;

It gave me error:

Insufficient authorization to access PIPE

I searched the issue and I got this instruction: "to resolve the issue, you need to ask your SAS admin to click the check box "Allow XCMD" within SAS Management Console -> Server Manager -> SAS App - Workspace Server -> properties -> Options ->Advanced Options -> Launch Properties tab" 

Seems like really complicated, can someone please help me to run this sas.exe file, thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

You should read the data set and not sas.exe. Files with exe are compiled machine code.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Files with a .exe extension are (if not incorrectly named) Windows executables, which won't do anything on a UNIX system (On Demand runs on Linux).

Furthermore, XCMD is disabled on SAS On Demand, you cannot run external commands in any way.

Data should never be transported in executables tied to a specific system. Get your data in platform-independent readable form (ideally, a text file like CSV).

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation