BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ArnoldP
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear community,

do you have a clue where/how exactly happens the assignment of IRMHELP which is heavily used by some IRM Solutions like RCM. It must be somewhere deeply integrated as it is not part of libnames.txt nor output of any other node.

Lately I get some strange errors like "Libref IRMHELP is not assigned". I'm not aware of any changes we made to the system/software.

Thanks for any hints!

KR Arnold

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArnoldP
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @himanshucb ,

meanwhile we found the issue. In some non RCM node somebody wanted to be smart and de-assign all libraries before go on and did the following:

LIBNAME  _ALL_;

As this is de-assigning all libraries all the ones which have been assigned by the re-processing of a node (or session) were gone. As there is session-sharing then also other nodes were impacted. So no usage of above statement when working with IRM 😉

KR Arnold

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
himanshucb
SAS Employee

Some pre-processing code is run by IRM before a node begins execution. The assignment of IRMHELP library reference is also part of it.

I have not seen any problems related to this library reference but probable causes can be 

• Corrupted IRM Postgres database - can be fixed by cleanup
  • The corresponding path does not exist in pa folder or if it exists, the corresponding user does not have permission to that path.
ArnoldP
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks @himanshucb ,

meanwhile we found the issue. In some non RCM node somebody wanted to be smart and de-assign all libraries before go on and did the following:

LIBNAME  _ALL_;

As this is de-assigning all libraries all the ones which have been assigned by the re-processing of a node (or session) were gone. As there is session-sharing then also other nodes were impacted. So no usage of above statement when working with IRM 😉

KR Arnold