BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Garantes
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

When I tried to use the code %irm_bkup_instances in SAS Studio to create the backup file, I noticed that some instances were not there in the results.
They are all from the same owner, in this particular case, the instance was not Out of Date, but this happened this before, being out of date just inteferes when restoring. 

How can I make  back up these instances? Is there some argument that I can add to make it work?
I'm using SAS IRM 3.6

Thanks for your attention,
Gustavo Arantes.

3 REPLIES 3
sinpad
SAS Employee

Hello Gustavo,

I maybe able to help you with this. Can I have some details such as what is different about the instances that did not get backed up even when they are from the same owner.

We can, of course, also have a Teams Meeting to discuss this.

Thank you!

Partha

Garantes
Calcite | Level 5
I tested a little to try to discover the problem, apparently it happens when the user is not the original owner, ie, he didn't create the instance, but he owns the instance, because the owner was changed. Changing the owner back and backing up with the original owner works, however, I don't think it was intended to work like that.

Thank you for the answer, we can have a meeting so I can show you.
Gustavo
sinpad
SAS Employee

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for your research. The backup instances feature is designed to work with the original creator of an instance. The database table jobflow_instance has a column created_by_id that stores the original creator of an instance and remains unchanged even if you change the owner of the instance to a different user.

So, if user A created an instance INST_1 and changes ownership to user B, created_by_id field will still contain A. 

In your case, you are running backup instances as user B and that's why those instances are ignored. All that you need to do is to run backup instances as user A - the original creator of those instances. 

So, it is running as intended and is designed this way to avoid duplicate instance backups - once when run as user A and then again as user B.

Hope this helps!

Partha

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation