BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sg_kr
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

when i run the below export proc, im unable to export it.

proc export data=FSB_2
outfile="&Dir./fsb_&month..xlsx"
dbms=xlsx replace;
sheet="fSb";
run;

Error:

ERROR: Temporary file for XLSX file can not be created -> O:\Financial Information
Management\Financial Information\BI_Reporting\SAS\Retail Reporting\EPG\2019-05\fsb_05.$$1. Make
sure the path name is correct and that you have write permission.

can anyone please help me on this.

thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@sg_kr wrote:

Make sure the path name is correct and that you have write permission.

Seems like a relatively clear error message to me. Did you check to see if the file name and folder name is correct and that the folder actually exists, and that you have write permission to that folder?

--
Paige Miller
sg_kr
Obsidian | Level 7
yes, i have.
its working when i run this on VDI machine but not remote machine.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

From @Kurt_Bremser earlier in this thread

Keep in mind that the SAS process running on a specific server may not have access to the same network shares you have mounted on your desktop.

Your remote machine can't write to the same locations. Beyond that, no one here can say because we don't know your computer systems.

--
Paige Miller
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

It's already there:

Make sure the path name is correct and that you have write permission.

This is exactly what you need to check. Keep in mind that the SAS process running on a specific server may not have access to the same network shares you have mounted on your desktop.

sg_kr
Obsidian | Level 7

but when i run the run the same thing in VDI Machine its working.

when i run on remote machine , its not.

can i know how can i get rid of this.

thanks.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@sg_kr wrote:

but when i run the run the same thing in VDI Machine its working.

when i run on remote machine , its not.

can i know how can i get rid of this.

thanks.

Then the path is available on that machine, but not on your (other) SAS server. Check that, or have it checked by your system admins.

By the way, what is VDI?

sg_kr
Obsidian | Level 7
i have already mapped the network drive to the machine, i checked it.

VDI:virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@sg_kr wrote:
i have already mapped the network drive to the machine, i checked it.

SAS tells you different. And in disputes like this, SAS is right in about 100% of cases. The path is either not there, or the SAS process lacks the necessary permissions. Ask your system admins, they know your IT infrastructure.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

When SAS and the user disagree, I believe SAS. You can't write to that location from your remote machine.

Now, as @Kurt_Bremser and I have pointed out, this is not a SAS issue any more, and there's no one in this (or any other) SAS forum who can solve this for you. The solution is to discuss this with your IT department and have them figure out why your remote machine cannot write to this location (or perhaps talk to a colleague in your department who might know).

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation