BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8

HI.

perhaps someone can help.  I have a large .sas program that generates an error at this particular part of the code when I run directly on our unix server, but when I run the same piece of code in EG, I have no issue and my output creates as expected.  So.. I'm assuming that this statement is interpreted differently as .egp.. and therefor I need to use some sort of unix syntax equivilant?

this is my code 

PROC SQL;
CREATE TABLE work.CustRespChanPlatALLGFGB AS
SELECT DISTINCT

compress(t1.Source_ID || put(t1.'WEB ORDER ID'n,best.)) as SrcAndWebNbr
,t1.'ORDER #'n as OrderNumber
,t1.'MASTER CHANNEL'n as MasterChannel
FROM
ADS.CUST_RESP_CHAN_PLAT_ALLGFGB t1
;
QUIT;

these are the errors I get:

ERROR: Column WEB ORDER ID could not be found in the table/view identified with the correlation name T1.
ERROR: Column ORDER # could not be found in the table/view identified with the correlation name T1.
ERROR: Column MASTER CHANNEL could not be found in the table/view identified with the correlation name T1.
ERROR: Numeric format BEST in PUT function requires a numeric argument.

I have attached the source table specs so that you can see what the input table contains.

Any help or advice would be truly appreciated.

- Chris N.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
r_behata
Barite | Level 11

Try 

OPTIONS VALIDVARNAME=ANY;
cnilsen
Quartz | Level 8
That worked out.. Thanks so much!
- Chris N.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation